The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, IEEE Guatemala Section is glad to invite you to the XXXIX Central America and Panama Convention – IEEE CONCAPAN 2019. The convention will be held on November 20-22, 2019 at The Westin Camino Real, Guatemala City, Guatemala. CONCAPAN is the engineering conference with the most prestige in the Central American region. In this edition, the lemma for the event will be: «50 Years United by Technology».
Guatemala City serves as the economic, governmental, and cultural epicenter of the nation of Guatemala. The city also functions as Guatemala’s main transportation hub, hosting an international airport, La Aurora International Airport, and serving as the origination or end points for most of Guatemala’s major highways. In addition to a wide variety of restaurants, hotels, shops, and a modern BRT transport system (Transmetro), the city is home to many art galleries, theaters, sports venues and museums (including some fine collections of Pre-Columbian art) and provides a growing number of cultural offerings. Furthermore, among the most visited touristic locations are La Antigua Guatemala (a colonial city and previous capital of Guatemala), Atitlan Lake and Mayan Ruins of Tikal and El Mirador.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Industrial Applications, Power and Energy, Renewable Energies, Energetic Efficiency, Computer and Information Sciences, Cloud Computing, IT Security, IT Business Intelligence, Data Mining, Geographic Information Systems, Augmented Reality, Internet of Things, Electrical Communications, Industrial Electronics, Automatic Control in the Industry, Robotics, Wired and Wireless Networking, Communication Services, Enabling Technologies, among others.
– Papers must be written in English or Spanish, unpublished and not submitted elsewhere.
– Maximum 6 pages are allowed for each paper, Including all illustrations and references.
– Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE CONCAPAN 2019 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
– Papers submitted in Spanish should include Title, Abstract and Keywords in English.
– Papers must be submitted no longer than 6 pages and minimum 4 pages and must follow the standard IEEE paper format for conferences and conventions. https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
– Papers must be submitted through the Easychair platform: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieeeconcapan2019
The researchers will be exposed in two modalities, oral presentation or through the poster session that will be open to the public. The choice of modality will be a responsibility of the Technical Committee.
Submission of full papers
Submission of tutorial proposals
Notification of Acceptance
Submission of camera-ready papers
Submission extension may be analyzed depending on submissions.